Caesars Sportsbook took over William Hill in 2021 and built on the European giant’s strong golf legacy by incorporating the same variety of golf prop bets that include hole winners, par 3/4/5 winners, and winner via walkover (w/o).
- Placing a bet is straightforward
- The interface on the website and app is intuitive and easy to use
- It is easy to find the odds for the particular bet you want to make
Offer valid and must be physically present in AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, or WY. 21+. See Caesars.com/promos for full terms. Know When To Stop Before You Start.® Gambling Problem? IL, MD, NJ, OH, TN, VA, WV, PA: If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) or MD: visit mdgamblinghelp.org or WV: visit 1800gambler.net; AZ: Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP; CO, WY, KS: Call 1-800-522-4700; IN: Call 1-800-9-WITH-IT; IA: Call 1-800-BETSOFF; LA: Call 1-877-770-STOP; MI: Call 1-800-270-7117. GAMBLING PROBLEM? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. MA: CALL 1-800-327-5050 or visit gamblinghelplinema.org. NY: Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369).
The Caesars Sportsbook online sportsbook owes its spot in the upper echelon of U.S. Open golf betting sites USA to its vast selection of props, including individual round markets like in the water (whether or not a shot by a player will land in the water at the specific hole), round scores props, and matchup props.
Why We Like Caesars Sportsbook
Caesars Sportsbook is a household name in the betting business for a reason. The book constantly puts up good numbers for golf prop wagers, as well as an exceptional range of player props, including the top player of the quoted round and selecting a golfer you believe will hit a green in regulation (GIR) on the next hole. The options are virtually endless with Caesars Sportsbook, which, combined with more than decent pricing, make it worthy of our list.
What Does Caesars Sportsbook Offer
- In-play betting on U.S. Open: Caesars Sportsbook offers attractive odds for live betting and live streaming options for major golf events, including the U.S. Open.
- Detailed leaderboard and stats overview: While the competition is in progress, bettors can track the leaderboard and see a 3D presentation of each hole so as to have a better understanding of how many strokes a golfer will need to par.
- Straightforward user interface: Caesars Sportsbook greatly facilitates navigation through its dedicated section for Golf Majors under the hamburger menu on the left of the screen. Once you’ve clicked on the U.S. Open, all the most popular bets will be grouped at the top of the screen, which cuts the time to bet drastically.
- Stable app: The Caesars Sportsbook app has all the same functionalities as the desktop version of the site, including live streaming, and also boasts excellent stability.
BetMGM has plenty of unique offerings for U.S. Open golf majors, plus some special conditions for bet settlements which brings more value to the bettors.
- Trustworthy reputation
- Comprehensive coverage of sports and leagues
- User-friendly website and mobile app
Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER in CO, DC, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MS, NJ, NV, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY. Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369) (NY). Call 1-800-327-5050 (MA). 21+ to wager. Please Gamble Responsibly. Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-981-0023 (PR). In partnership with Kansas Crossing Casino and Hotel. Visit BetMGM.com for Terms & Conditions. US promotional offers not available in DC, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, Ontario or Puerto Rico.
Speaking of bet settlement, all wagers on the top 5, 10, and 20 finishing markets will be paid in full in case there is a tie, which is an advantage you won’t find in any other U.S. Open online betting sites.
Why We Like BetMGM
BetMGM is the only book that pays ties in full on finishing markets. Although their odds might be a bit worse for those markets at times, the rule alone makes betting on those markets worthwhile. The special markets for golf provide an excellent alternative down the stretch since you can bet on the top finishers beginning with round 1 and onward, in addition to player specials like Keegan Bradley to birdie the first hole and other such markets.
What Does BetMGM Offer
- Live U.S. Open streaming with a detailed overview: BetMGM has reached an agreement with IMG Arena, the official distributor of data for the PGA Tour, to get live streams of PGA Tour events together with shot-by-shot data to boost in-play betting.
- A plethora of innovative player props: The operator has put up a fine collection of player props for top-seeded players like Jon Rahm, Rory Mcllroy, and Scottie Scheffler, including the markets such as finishing the round bogey-free or making an eagle.
- Competitive odds for matchup bets: The main golf betting menu at BetMGM will already feature notable player matchups (or groupings), so you can select the head-to-head duels you want to bet on right there. Furthermore, the book has displayed great pricing for those matchups, especially for high-profile events such as the U.S. Open.
- Pre-built golf parlay: Finishing pre-built parlay options are a staple when U.S. Open comes around. Bettors consistently find pre-built parlays with good value when compared to other notable U.S. Open online betting sites.
DraftKings regularly reports the biggest handle in all regulated markets quarter after quarter, which begs the question: why do bettors flock to DK? The answer is simple — DraftKings offers a perfect blend of extensive markets and superb odds, and the situation is no different when it comes to betting on the U.S. Open golf championship.
- Excellent coverage of golf tournaments beyond the PGA Tour
- Prebuilt parlays for golf
- The welcome bonus that doesn’t require considerable commitment on your part
GAMBLING PROBLEM? CALL 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (CO/IL/IN/LA/MD/MI/NJ/OH/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY), (800) 327-5050 or visit gamblinghelplinema.org (MA). Call 877-8-HOPENY/text HOPENY (467369) (NY). Please Gamble Responsibly. Call 1-800-NEXT STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (KS/NH), 888-789-7777/visit ccpg.org (CT), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), or visit OPGR.org (OR). 21+ (18+ NH/WY). Physically present in AZ/CO/CT/IL/IN/IA/KS/LA(select parishes)/MA/MD/MI/NJ/NY/OH/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY only. Void in NH/OR/ONT. Full T&Cs Apply.
Few bookies have a bigger coverage of golf tournaments and competitions than DraftKings, particularly when you observe the bigger picture that includes the quality of odds for those markets and the stability of its betting app.
Why We Like DraftKings
DraftKings provides betting options for all important golf events, from the PGA Tour to European Tour, Ryder, Presidents, and Solheim Cup. What’s more, the odds for these events are up to par with the best ones posted on the market. In fact, DraftKings regularly posts futures odds very early on, so you can already find Brooks Koepka at +1400 to win the 2024 U.S. Open.
What Does DraftKings Offer
- Early cash-out: The cash-out feature from DK applies to golf markets, so if things go sour at some point, you can still get some wins.
- Golf-specific parlays: Golf enthusiasts will find some prebuilt parlays at DraftKings that include favorites, contenders, as well as longshot odds.
- Top-notch betting app: Few U.S. Open betting apps out there can match DraftKings in terms of stability, speed, and built-in features.
PointsBet has built itself quite a fan base with Points Betting proprietary wagering system that’s not based on fixed odds, but their advantages don’t stop there. The sportsbook is big on U.S. Open golf betting, offering top odds round scores prop market and longest drive betting choices. With DraftKings bidding to acquire PointsBet, we can rest assured knowing the golf offer is only going to get better.
- Unique Points Betting system
- Great odds U.S. Open golf
- The sign-up bonus gives five second-chance bets
New customers only. Must be 21+ and present in CO/IA/IL/IN/KS/MD/MI/NJ/NY/PA/VA/WV. Offer not available in all states. T&Cs apply – see PointsBet promos page. If you or someone you know has gambling problem and wants help, call or text 1-800-GAMBLER (CO/IL/MD/NJ/PA/WV) or visit mdgamblinghelp.org (MD); call 1-800-BETS OFF (IA); call 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN); call 1-800-522-4700 (KS); call 1-800-270-7117 (MI); call 877-8-HOPENY/TEXT HOPENY (467369 (NY); call 1-888-532-3500 (VA).
PointsBet has not only repeatedly displayed the best pricing round scores, proposition bets and longest drives but has also implemented 4 ball and other innovative markets for U.S. Open and other majors.
Why We Like PointsBet
PointsBet has always trailed the top-listed bookies like Caesars, DraftKings, and FanDuel, but not in regard to its golf offer. The focus is clearly on delivering good value with the distance of the longest drive and longest drive next hole, but also with the top 2/3/4/5/6/10 markets. The $250 welcome bonus with five separate second-chance bets has great appeal for newcomers to the site since you wouldn’t have to spend the entire amount of the bonus on a single wager.
What Does PointsBet Offer
- Betting system different from fixed odds betting: PointsBetting is a special wagering system that has the capacity to reward players more than traditional fixed odds betting, which makes it a valuable asset.
- U.S. Open odds on par with the best books: PointsBet has odds good enough to match any of the leading sportsbooks, especially in the props section.
- Clutter-free website design: PointsBet kept things simple when designing the site and website app. There are no view-blocking banners and add-ons that decrease the site’s responsiveness and hinder navigation.
How Our Experts Choose the Best Sites to Bet on U.S. Open
This process includes analyzing and comparing their odds for the main and additional U.S. Open markets, the quality of their bonuses, the UX and UI design of the website, and more. We then look for additional features, such as live streaming and media sections dedicated to the tournaments, to weigh in on the quality of these extra betting features that can make a big difference down the stretch.
A couple of things make up the cornerstone of my search for the best U.S. Open betting sites. First and foremost, I look for the specific attention the sportsbook gives to golf and one of its most important majors. The attention is seen in the market depth, including round scores, finishing positions, matchplay bets, and props. Diversity is key. Then, I analyze the quality of odds for these markets. I always compare them across different sportsbooks and calculate the vig for the most common bets to see which operators give the best value and have the capacity to do so on a regular basis. The lower the vig, the better odds we can expect in the long run. Ultimately, I use the promotions on golf bets and check how easy or difficult it is to clear them via U.S. Open golf betting to determine if they are worth taking in the first place. Only after I have done all this testing can I safely say that the U.S. Open betting apps I listed are truly the best.
Compare the Best U.S. Open Betting Sites of 2023 in the US
The US Open 2023 is slated for 15-18 June 2023 on the North Course of Los Angeles Country Club in Los Angeles, California, as the third major in the US, following Masters Tournament in April at Augusta and the PGA Championship. It’s the 123rd U.S. Open, making it one of the longest-standing golf tournaments in the country.
As such, it attracts a lot of attention from bookmakers and bettors alike. There will be tons of markets to explore, with fluctuating odds and particular house rules when it comes to majors, which makes choosing the best U.S. Open betting site all the more difficult.
This is where Betting.com comes into the picture with a full comparison table of the leading sportsbooks found below.
|Sportsbook||Betting.com rating||Best for||Review|
|FanDuel||4.8/5||U.S. Open golf betting overall||Review|
|Caesars Sportsbook||4.7/5||Golf prop bets||Review|
|BetMGM||4.6/5||Finishing market bets on U.S. Open||Review|
|DraftKings||4.8/5||Coverage of pro golf tourneys||Review|
How to Choose the Best Site for You
This is why you should pay special attention to our analysis and perform your own even, following these criteria during the process:
- Licensing and safety: Put your trust only in those sites regulated by state authorities and look for SSL and other security protocols, such as two-factor authentication, to make sure you are playing in a safe and protected betting environment.
- Registration bonus and regular promotions: Before you dive headfirst into the sign-up bonus the sportsbook offers, make sure to check its terms and conditions to learn about the playthrough and odds requirements, max payouts, and other limitations.
- U.S. Open odds and markets: Analyse the odds and betting markets available for the U.S. Open golf championship to see if they offer any value.
- Banking: Go over the payment methods the site offers to see if there are reliable deposit and withdrawal methods you are familiar with.
- Look into the operator’s reputation and customer service: Check what your fellow bettors are saying about an operator on forums to take the pulse of the betting community.
- User Experience and Mobile App: Focus on how easy it is to navigate the site and the app and if both options are responsive and stable.
- Evaluate the registration process: Check if the registration is as seamless as the operators claim it to be.
Betting on U.S. Open Golf Explained
U.S. Open golf betting takes a deeper understanding of how the golf odds work, the different betting markets, and specific rules that pertain to the tournament, including the dead heat rules and more.
U.S. Open Golf Odds
U.S. Open features some 150 golfers week after week, with odds drastically going from the favorites to the underdogs. The top players like Scottie Scheffler and Rory Mcllroy may have pre-tournament odds in the neighborhood of +700, whereas golfers that are not ranked in the 100 players in the world might be priced at 500/1. When the odds are expressed in the American odds format, like +700, it will indicate how much you can expect to win from the bet.
U.S. Open Picks
Sportsbooks like DraftKings are known to offer picks and pre-mated parlays for U.S. Open, which can offer some value. However, the key is to calculate the implied probability of these events, factor in the vig, and check where the picks provided by either handicappers online or the sportsbooks themselves have the best value.
Types of U.S. Open Golf Bets
As one of the most popular golf events, U.S. Open attracts a lot of betting action. Here’s what kind of bets you can place during the event.
An outright wager is simply betting a player to win the U.S. Open. These bets must be placed before the first tee shot of the tourney.
Finishing position wagers give bettors a chance to bet on the player they believe will finish in the top 5, 10, or 20 positions of the tournament.
Matchup bets relate to a head-to-head duel between two golfers. These can be related to a given round of the tournament or the entire event. The matchups are usually selected based on the outright odds, so the lines you can expect are close to -110.
There’s a myriad of side bets you can place during the tournament that don’t have anything to do with the winner of the event. You can bet on the golfer who will be the top finisher from their country or whether a player can score a hole-in-one. Top left-handed golfer, how many balls will hit the water on the 15, and many more props await to spice up the betting experience.
U.S. Open Golf Betting Strategies
The PGA Tour provides a wealth of data for each player that can help you make a betting decision. The section covers everything from strokes-gained data (off the tee, approach, around the green, and putting) to streaks and top 10 finishers. Learn to leverage the metrics and boost your betting strategy.
Also, pay attention to the so-called “horses for courses” — players that are generally good on a particular course, like Jon Rahm at Torrey Pines, which can give you a general idea of what to expect from that player.
Get to Know More About U.S. Open to Bet Smarter
The U.S. Open was first played in 1895, and it used to be dominated by British players. After the 1911 win by John J. McDermott, the American golfers took over as the most dominant force on the green.
The event is held annually at various locations across the United States, with the 2023 U.S. Open being held at Los Angeles Country Club from June 15th to 18th. The course is notorious for tight fairways and fast greens, which is why only the most-skilled players can do well on the course.
The competition has a unique “Qualifying Round” for those players who have not yet qualified for the tournament, which means both amateurs and pro golfers can compete against each other. The winners of the U.S. Open from the past decade are exempt from qualifying, and so are the winner and runner-up from the previous year’s U.S. Amateur.
Who Is the Favorite to Win this U.S. Open Season?
Scottie Scheffler, Jon Rahm, and Brooks Koepka are dominating the world of golf at the moment, and their stats put them at the top of the list of favorites. On the other hand, Rory McIlroy has managed to land 17 top-10 finishes in four of the last five majors, while Phil Mickelson has six second-place finishes in the U.S. Open, which also makes him a prime candidate.
Which Players Are Playing in the Current U.S. Open?
- Rory McIlroy
- Scottie Scheffler
- Jon Rahm
- Brooks Koepka
- Viktor Hovland
- Xander Schauffele
- Cameron Smith
- Jordan Spieth
- Patrick Cantlay
- Collin Morikawa
- Shane Lowry
- Tommy Fleetwood
- Justin Thomas
- Tyrrell Hatton
- Matt Fitzpatrick
- Wyndham Clark
What Are the Key Dates to Keep in Mind?
- Date: June 15 -18, 2023
- Course: Los Angeles Country Club
- Defending champ: Matt Fitzpatrick
- Field: 156 players