The ruler of the Europa League Sevilla will play again at the final of the tournament, after the win by 2:1 against the bookmakers' favourite Manchester United. Thus, the Andalusians will face Inter at the final of this year's Europa League edition, and the game is on Friday, August 21.
The success of Sevilla came a little surprising and blew the pre-game odds. The result was opened in favour of the "red devils" by one of the usual suspects' players, the ''penalty-master'' Bruno Fernades of course from a penalty. Suso returned the tie in the 26th minute by an accurate shot. In the second half, Manchester United put severe pressure and missed several great occasions. As well as many times happens in football, the pressure doesn't mean goals and wins, and Luke De Jong brought the victory to Sevilla by his goal scored in the last 15 minutes of the game. The greatest hero for the Andalusians, however, was the goalkeeper Yassin Bunu, who reflected 20 shots and despaired the Manchester United strikers. The Red Devils are eliminated for the third time this season at the semi-finals after this happened in the FA Cup and League Cup tournaments in England.
The Nerazzurri mercilessly defeated Ukrainian Shakhtar Donetsk 5-0 in the second semi-final of the tournament, played at the Mercury Spiel Arena in Dusseldorf. Now, for the first time in 10 years they have a chance for a European triumph, and we are sure that this team is able to achieve it.
21 years have passed since some Italian club played in the final of the second European club tournament.
With 5 trophies in the past 15 years, practically once in every three years, the Andalusians are undoubtedly the lords of the Europa League. Being named to play three single games of extreme difficulty, they managed to keep maximum concentration and motivation, and got rid of difficult opponents such as Roma, Wolves and United. The tough moments in their path after the restart demonstrated the value of Sevilla's squad in overcoming almost every obstacle. Against the Giallorossi they dominated, while with Wolves and United they suffered and defended themselves strenuously, before striking their lethal blows. In short, a chameleon-like team that is ideally at ease in this event, making up for any rough situation that may occur.
In part, we have already foreseen our thoughts on Conte's team, but it is right to mention the semi-final against Shakhtar. Lautaro's goal in the middle of the first half certified a territorial dominance that was almost absolute from the kick-off. We have to admit the contribution of the new player Barella, who can be named as a treasure in the midfield area, as he has been involved in many of the Nerazzurri goals. The midfielder is back in full shape, demonstrating a dynamic that he had lost during the annoying physical problems. In front, the two strikers, Lautaro and Lukaku, are at the peak of their respective careers and can hurt Sevilla seriously. With them in this state, the Inter fans can dream.
- Lautaro Martínez and Romelu Lukaku are the first duo to score 20+ goals each in a single season for Inter Milan since Adriano and Obafemi Martins during the 2004-05 campaign.
It is a tough task to predict a final because if those sides are here, it is clear that both have all it needs to win the cup. Here below, we are sharing with you some stats and interesting facts on which we are paying attention before choosing the best forecast.
- Inter have won their three games played in the Europa League scoring 9 goals, three on average per game, and conceded only one;
- The Nerazzurri won 6 games in a row with only one conceded goal in this positive streak;
- It is true that Sevilla is also doing great, and has a positive streak of 14 matches undefeated, but compared to the Nerazzurri they score fewer goals. Only in one of these matches 3 goals were scored;
- The Biscione have won all the games played in Europa League. In addition to the three single events this summer, the two legs confrontation in the second round against Ludogorets should be noted;
- The betting odds are in Inter favour, as the Nerazzurri win is priced at around 2.00
Betting Tip by Betting.com: Away to win at odds around at 2.00