This game undoubtedly can be called an early final. In fact, on Friday the 14th of August at the Estadio Da Luz stadium two of the main favourites for winning the Champions League face each other on their road to the Cup with “big ears”, a trophy which both teams had raised 5 times in their history.
On the one hand, we have Barcelona which wants to make up for the disappointing season and, above all, aim to dispel the Champions League taboo after the last eliminations. Blaugrana was remedied in the last two participations, first against Roma and then against Liverpool.
Then Bavarians are the second involved team, and we can define them as the team which deserves the most to win this year's tournament. Lewandowski and his teammates managed to succeed in all games after the restart of the Bundesliga - 12 victories in a row, including the 4-1 against Chelsea in the second leg of the Champions League played last Saturday.
The bookmakers consider Bayern as the clear favourites in their pre-game odds. There are many head to head games between these two teams in the previous editions of the Champions League. The most recent clash dates back to 2014/15 season when Barcelona won both games in the semi-finals with 5-3 aggregate score. They won by 3-0 at Camp Nou and lost the second game in Munich by 3-2. It was the only time that the Spanish team had an advantage in this confrontation.
For example, in the games for the semi-finals of 2013 the Germans won both the first and the second leg with an overall 7-0. In general, in the last 25 years, the two teams have faced each other in official matches 10 times. The balance is 6 wins for the Bavarians, 2 draws and 2 wins for the Catalans.
- Barcelona finished 2nd in Spanish La Liga with 82 points(25W-7D-6L)
- Blaugrana scored 86 goals(2.26 per game) and conceded 38 (1 per game)
- In this year Champions League Barcelona played 8 games in which they scored 13 goals.
- The average shots per game for Barca is 12.8
- Bayern Munich won the German Bundesliga with 82 points(26W-4D-4L)
- Bavarians scored 100 goals (2.94 per game) and conceded 32(0.94 per game)
- In this year Champions League Hansi Flick’s team played 8 games in which they scored 31 goals.
- The average shots per game for Bayern M is 19
Betting Tip By Betting.com: Away to win and both teams to score at odds around at 3.40